Little Green Town

joel herron

Our wonderful Post Code Gardener Liz is looking into growing edibles on Londonderry Estate with the amazing Joyce! How about we plant edibles all over town? I can't believe the council voted against it! I think there are about two months left before we're "allowed" to talk about it again. What about a front garden herb gathering map? Loads of people have herbs in their front gardens.

AlanR555

Our wonderful Post Code Gardener Liz is looking into growing edibles on Londonderry Estate with the amazing Joyce! How about we plant edibles all over town? I can't believe the council voted against it! I think there are about two months left before we're "allowed" to talk about it again. What about a front garden herb gathering map? Loads of people have herbs in their front gardens.

This report has an intriguing reference "about two months left before we are allowed to talk about it again".
Is this a reference to a Standing Order that prohibits re-opening a subject within a period (six months?) of a
decision having been taken on it.
As Frome TC and Laurence at Northam would attest, there is a need to review SOs to enable councils more
fully to serve the interests of their residents. Meanwhile, if there is an urgent need to address an issue, it is
possible to suspend Standing Orders by simple majority vote - roll on 2023 and the new TCG council (although
a LOT of work will be needed in the interim).

joel herron

hah! yes, i think it's six months before you are allowed to talk about a subject if the vote has gone against it.